Tuesday, May 5, 2009

Watch Your Mouth


  • Overheard upon entering house on a rainy day:
Sydney, muttering to self: "It's fucking wet out there."
  • Overheard while watching daughter climb into carseat, littered with crumbs and sand:
Sydney, muttering to self: "Look at all this shit."
  • Overheard in the early morning hours, from my prone position in our obscenely comfortable king-size bed, sheets pulled up to my ears, groaning at the daybreak peeking through the blinds:
Sydney, talking to Evan: "It's okay, Mommy's coming. Mommy's getting up. Mommy will be here in a minute. It's okay, don't cry. Don't cry, Evan. Why are you crying? Okay, I'm leaving. I can't deal with you right now."

5 comments:

Kelly said...

I've read it three times now, and I'm still laughing...

Kathryn (Carson's Mom) said...

I came back to read it again tonight, i thought it was so funny.

Emmy said...

This is the best...I keep coming back(-;

ALM said...

That makes me feel so much better. Damn and the f-word are regular utterances by my daughter these days. I can't imagine where she gets it. :)

Margaret Ann said...

That's awesome. We're really just trying to get "poo-poo" out of the boys' vocabularies!