What's worse, the American Family Association has spoken out against pending legislation that would allow, among other things, federal law enforcement to assist with local hate crimes investigations. Here's what the lovely folks at the AFA have to say about it:
Here is a partial list of what homosexual activists are trying to force on every American. While HR 254 will not, in and of itself, accomplish these goals, it will open the door to such regulations. Once the elephant gets its trunk under the tent, the way is open for the elephant to move inside and do whatever he wants.
- Preaching that homosexuality is a sin from the pulpit will result in the preacher being charged with “hate speech.”
- Churches will have their tax-exempt status revoked if they oppose homosexuality.
- Homosexual marriage will be legalized and recognized in all states.
- Polygamy will be legalized.
- Landlords will be forced to rent to homosexuals.
- Scouts, and all non-profit organizations, will be required to hire homosexuals as leaders.
- Biblical language used to define homosexuality will be considered “hate speech.” City officials have already had a billboard removed in Long Island, NY, because it was classified as “hate speech.” The billboard read: “If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination.” (Leviticus 20:13)
- Employees will not be allowed to say anything negative about homosexuality in their workplaces.
- Classes promoting the homosexual lifestyle will be included in school curricula beginning with the lower grades.
- Employers will be forced to hire homosexuals.
- Adoption by homosexuals will be legalized in every state.
Join the Human Rights Campaign urging state representatives to beef up current hate crimes legislation. Phallic references aside, let's get our trunks so far under those AFA tents that they won't know what hit them.